Skip to main content

Content Publishing Software ... What a Relief!

I've finally found a solution to my content publishing headaches! After going through some of the popular blog/content management softwares and Allan Gardyne's forum, I've made a decision to purchase SEO Website Builder. I figured, if I'm going to be spending ton's of hour making affiliate sites, I might as well use a software specifically made for what I'm doing ... something that will help me to easily optimize my pages and pull in more free search engine visitors.

I tried to optimize things myself, but I ended up not conforming to the rules and just created articles from my own comfort level. Just like anything in life, getting too comfortable can mess up your achievement of goals.

It was tough for me to make the switch from Frontpage. In the past, I've always tried to create website's from an aesthetic perspective, rather than a SEO/usable content approach. I've used Flash, Dreamweaver, and Frontpage (with Photoshop) for my previous sites. Using all three of these, website maintenance was a big headache. I would use another software to find and replace text in the files to modify the design. This was a hit and miss technique. After learning to use the new software I purchased, many of my maintenance problems were solved.

I wanted something where I could post my articles or news easily, and have them managed easily within a database. Not only did this software provide this, it also provided a manual for the software and keys to search engine optimization. I wish I would have purchased it before I got James Martell's Affiliate Handbook. The creator of the software uses most of James's ideas to create the websites.

After creating an article or post, you have the option to analyze and optimize it for the search engines. This will help to increase the page rank of your content. All of the blogs or content management software I've seen does not have individual optimization. Most blogs have several posts on the main page along with a bunch of links(which effects the relevance for that page). Google really looks at relevance, so if you have a main page that talks about biking, and then about going to a restaurant over the weekend, the focus of that page has highly decreased. Then if you have a bunch of links going out to various pages, like recent entries or comments, you're diluting the page rank going out to links you want to focus on. SEO Website Builder takes care of this problem.

Another feature I like is the ability to change content or templates globally (similar to changing templates on Blogs and CMS's). If you want to redesign your website layout, all you do is choose a new template (or design one), and you can rebuild all of your pages in seconds with the new design. If you have certain strings, paragraphs, or groups of code that you have used on several pages (or even all), you can make a modification once, and rebuild your whole site as well.

Since the software is installed on your system, inserting and updating content is also really fast. Using several blogs and CMS's, I got tired having to wait for the server-side software to respond, and to return results through an internet connection. With a client-side software installed, you're only waiting for your CPU to respond, which is surely a big difference. This might not seem like a big deal if you publish content every now and then, but when you're contantly putting content into a site, you'll be able to tell the difference.

Well, that's most of the good stuff. The only thing I didn't like is going through the learning process. The interface of the software is good, but very different from other website development softwares. It took me close to 5 hours to get the basics down. That's not too bad. The interface was designed so that people without any web development background could easily design sites. It's been about 10 years since I started designing sites. For affiliate / content sites, I would not use any other software.

Another thing I didn't like was finding out how good the software is, and then wanting to modify my last Frontpage site. I'm currently converting and optimizing all of the pages using the new software. After using the software, I also increased my understanding of how SEO works.

So, to put it short, most of the things I didn't like are my own personal problems I have to deal with.

If you're thinking about creating websites that focus on graphics instead of content, this is the WRONG software to use.

I will continue to use Blogger for this journal. I will only be using this software to create my main affiliate and e-book/content sites.

There's many useful features that this program has that I didn't mention. So check out the SEO Website Builder website for more details.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Stop Spambots From Stealing Your Email Address

If you've listed your email address on your website, I'm sure you've been bombarded with SPAM. Tons of email addresses are taken from websites manually, or through computer programs called SPAMbots. They rip email addresses for the sole purpose of spamming. One of the best ways to avoid these SPAM programs from taking advantage of your email address is to use a contact form. Using a server side form will hide your email address from site visitors, as well as SPAMbots. If you're not sure how to set up a form, you can also encrypt your email address. A site that I use is Email Riddler from Dynamic Drive . It will encrypt your email so that it is hidden from the SPAMbots. All you have to do is enter your email address, link text, and an optional subject line, click on the button and a javascript is automatically generated for you. Just copy it and paste it into your website where your email or contact us code would usually go.

Starting An Internet Business-Part 2-Do Some Domain Name Research

What is a domain name? Simply, it's your web address. You'll have to do some domain name research before choosing one. You can't just pick any web address. You have to pick one that's available, and most important, related to your niche. You'll see many sites that don't have an address related to their niche. If you want to strongly focus on making a brand name (ie. like Google), you could pick a domain name that is totally different from your niche. So why do I recommend choosing a relevant domain name? Search engines will rank domain a little bit higher if you include your primary site keyword in the domain name. I don't want to go overboard on this. If you're working on a site on plasma widescreen televisions, I wouldn't create a web address like: www.plasma-televisions-for-sale.com; Although this is keyword rich, you don't want to make it look like web spam (which can lower your rankings). Simply include 1 or 2 keywords into the title

My Recent Success With Keyword Avalanche

I recently started using PLR articles. They've been working out pretty well and saved me a bunch of time. I've subscribed to 2 sources, Content and More by James Jackson, and Keyword Avalanche by Scot Standke, Jim Morris, and the latest member, Tim Gorman. I prefer Keyword Avalanche more than Content and More. Although Content and More has over 700 articles a month for $19.99, they aren't fresh. I've found a few sites that have massively published all of the articles that Content and More offered. Since this site has had those article indexed for quite some time, I realized that they were just resell PLR articles. Update 8/15/06: I recently received an email from James about Contentandmore.com; His first month was filled with a bunch of old articles so that he could offer a lot during his initial promotion. All future monthly articles will be brand new. The latest package does prove that they are fresh. Keyword Avalanche offers fresh PLR articles, keyword l